Top 10: January 3, 2017

Hello all! I can't believe it is already 2017, but I am already excited for this year. If you aren't already a part of our email list, make sure to sign up so that you can keep up with all the exciting activity here in 2017. 

1. Many of you might not know this, but I am an avid baker and for many years had aspirations of being a pastry chef. Sadly those dreams weren't meant to be, but I still love to bake. This year for Christmas, I made these sprinkle cookies with Christmas sprinkles and decorations for my friends. These are some of the best cookies I've ever made and they are always a hit! 


































2. Peppermint Brownies 
In addition to sprinkle cookies, I also made peppermint brownies on my time off and they were to die for! This is such a solid brownie recipe and not too difficult. For half the batch, I substituted dark chocolate chips for the white chocolate the recipe calls for. What a delicious addition! Definitely one of my all time favorite brownie recipes. 

3. I love anything sparkly, especially nail polish. I just got this color and I am already obsessed. It is not just sparkly, but also paints on as a solid color, which I love. 
4. I have always been a fan of historical tv shows and I CAN NOT wait for this new one to come out! 

5. One of our last top 10s was all about the music I've been listening to lately. One of the songs, Closer by Chainsmokers and Halsey, has been stuck in my head regularly for the past couple of months. This song has been crazy popular in general and has led to a lot of covers. My favorite is this one. Listen and let me know what you think! 

6. You have probably noticed that I haven't been wearing as many bracelets lately. This is not so much a style choice as a necessity with my job. However, I always have a watch and a hairband around my wrist. For Christmas, my sister got me this awesome bracelet that has a groove for your hairband. This way, you never lose it and your hair band is now an awesome accessory! 

7. My best friend Kate now lives in Missouri instead of across the hall in my apartment. So to keep up with each other, we started a bookclub. Our first book was Modern Romance by Aziz Ansari and now are reading Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. It took me a while to get into the book, but once I did, I could barely put it down! I can't wait to start the show, has any one already seen it? What did you think of it? 

8. As you saw on Sunday, I finally took the plunge and am now obsessed with my over the knee boots. Get ready, because they will be making a lot of appearances in my winter wardrobe! 


9. If you aren't already sick of champagne from all of your New Year's Eve activities, try these champagne gummy bears.  I haven't had the chance to try these yet, but I've been dying to! Have y'all ever had them?

10. I am an obsessive Vogue reader. I am normally a month or two behind, but I love reading through all the articles and seeing the fashion ideas. Michelle Obama was on the cover of December's Vogue and her spread was just incredible. If you haven't already read it, I would highly recommend it!

Until next time! XO

Labels: , , ,