How Do I Decide What to Wear for NYE?

So, this might come as a surprise to some of you because of my excessive love of sequins, but normally I don't do much for New Year's Eve. But this year, I finally ponied up and made plans and have been trying to find a way to wear as many sequins as possible ever since. So, if you ever wanted to know how my outfits develop, here is a peak instead my brain as I developed my New Year's Eve outfit! I would love to hear what y'all think and what you are planning to wear Sunday night! 


First, I had to decide between my three most sparkly pieces of clothing...blazer, mini skirt, and pencil skirt. I eliminated the pencil skirt first because it is too fancy for the party I am going to. When it came down to the mini skirt and the blazer, I ended up choosing the blazer because I like gold more than silver. This skirt would have been the perfect option though. 

Once I decided on the blazer, I just had to pick the rest of my outfit. No big deal! (Totally kidding here, this was the hardest part). I didn't want to upstage my blazer and I had already decided to add a little sparkle to my make-up. So I wanted the rest of my outfit to be pretty laid-back i.e. black. My two options came down to a black v-neck and jeans or my black lace dress. I ended up choosing my black lace dress because it seemed more festive and the whole outfit was more me than jeans and a tee. However, I might end up still wearing the jeans and tee with the blazer during the day on New Years Eve. 
Ok so pre-amble on these upcoming photos...I took them this morning in the freezing cold hence why I'm wincing in all of them (it was only 19 degrees) and my hair froze. Shout out to my fabulous mom who suffered through the cold to get these photos, but as she said, it was too cold to be cute this morning HA! 




So that is how this outfit finally came together! I'll probably add some dramatic lipstick for Sunday night and I am going to add a little sparkle to my typical cat-eye. Stay tuned on my Instagram stories and snapchat for my adventures on Sunday and I hope you have a fabulous New Year's Eve filled with sparkles! Until next time...



Labels: , , , , , , ,