A Little Personal for 2 Years

2017, OOTD, personal, sparkly, turtleneck, J.Crew,

2017, OOTD, personal, sparkly, turtleneck, J.Crew,

2017, OOTD, personal, sparkly, turtleneck, J.Crew,

2017, OOTD, personal, sparkly, turtleneck, J.Crew,

2017, OOTD, personal, sparkly, turtleneck, J.Crew,


Hello all! I hope you had a fabulous Friday yesterday. If you hadn't already checked it out, go watch my Instagram stories. I had quite a baking adventure last night and I would love to get your feedback! Anyways, today's post is going to be a little different than usual because I wanted to talk a little bit about my health. Yesterday was the two-year anniversary of my gallbladder removal surgery. Having this surgery ended up having a huge impact on my life as I have had some crazy complications. Normally talking about this kind of thing, especially here on the blog, is not something I would do. But as I have struggled with this for the past two years, I wished I had someone to talk to who understood what I was going through. So let this be an open invitation to all you wonderful readers, if you ever need to talk about anything, please don't hesitate to talk to me. Y'all are so important to me and you have been so supportive so if you ever need my support, I'm here!
Anyways, after surgery, everything seemed to be going well until I was diagnosed with IBS. Those of you who have IBS will know, it is kind of a catch-all diagnosis and doesn't necessarily help you solve any of your problems. For me at least, knowing that I had IBS did not change the fact that I struggled on a daily basis to find food that didn't upset my stomach. Finally, a little over a month ago, I took a food sensitivity test. This is basically like a food allergy, but the symptoms aren't as obvious. They can be headaches or discomfort or inflammation. Thank goodness I took this test because it turned out that I am sensitive to a lot of foods that I was eating regularly. So my diet has drastically changed again, but hopefully I will start feeling better. If you can learn anything from my experience, it is that your GI is temperamental, but listen to it. I went to so many doctors who told me that it would pass or I was just exaggerating. Don't listen to those people. If you feel bad, then do something about it! I hope y'all have a wonderful weekend and stay tuned for the results of my baking adventures tomorrow. Until next time,


Labels: , , , , ,