Art in New York



Hello all! If you have been following me on instagram this week, you will know why I have been a little MIA...I was in New York! New York is one of my favorite places to go and I was so excited to go on this trip because I was able to do so many art-related activities.


When we got there, we went to Christie's to see the now record breaking da Vinci painting. It was so incredible to see a da Vinci in person, especially one with such an interesting history. Plus, we might not see this one again in our lifetime since it has sold to a private collector supposedly. For more info on this and the sale, check out my art blog this weekend...Art Around Town


Then, we went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art (my favorite museum) to see the new Michelangelo exhibit. This might be one of the most amazing exhibits I have ever seen and there will be lots more about that on the art blog as I finish gathering my thoughts on that and read the catalogue.



Anyways, it was a fabulous 24 hours in New York and I already can't wait to go back!

What are some of your favorite things to do when you travel?