Denim Isn't Only For Casual Friday

2017, summer, OOTD, work wear, skirts, pink, chambray, pearls, J.Crew,

Happy Friday! I hope your week was good and you have some fabulous weekend plans for tomorrow and Sunday! One of my favorite materials is denim. I love a good pair of jeans, a jean jacket, but I especially love a chambray shirt. It is such a nice alternative to a white button-down and you can easily mix and match it no matter what the occasion is. 
2017, summer, OOTD, work wear, skirts, pink, chambray, pearls, J.Crew,

On first glance, a chambray shirt can be too casual for work, but, like anything else, it is all in how you style it. What you need to keep in mind though is that the chambray will make anything you put with it slightly more casual. This means you can go a little more overboard with the rest of your outfit. 
2017, summer, OOTD, work wear, skirts, pink, chambray, pearls, J.Crew,

When talking about work-wear, my first go-to's are always a pencil skirt and a bun. A pencil skirt is hard to go wrong with and having my hair up always makes me feel more professional. Add black heels and a structured back and it really doesn't matter what else you are wearing. The rest of the outfit is so professional that it will make your other pieces professional too.
2017, summer, OOTD, work wear, skirts, pink, chambray, pearls, J.Crew,

With my hair up and a simple shirt, this outfit was begging for some jewelry. So once again, I stuck with my go-to's for work wear...pearls and gold studs. I love wearing a big necklace inside of the collar of a shirt. Then, you get glimpses of it every so often, but it is not so in your face. Enjoy your weekend...Until next time, XO.

Earrings: Vintage, similar here; Necklace: J.Crew; Shirt: J.Crew; Skirt: J.Crew; Watch: Omega; Bracelet: J.Crew; Purse: Kate Spade, similar here; Shoes: Pour la Victoire; Glasses: The View on Elm.