A Statement Piece for my Statement Piece

2017, summer, white jeans, statement piece, feathers, pink,

Hello all! Happy weekend! As usual, my schedule is jam-packed, but I was able to make some time to go to the farmer's market this morning. I have to say, this might be one of my new favorite activities. Today I was busy absorbing so I didn't take any photos other than my snapchat and Instagram stories, but I think this is going to be come a regular thing for me. I'll make sure to take pictures next weekend! 
2017, summer, white jeans, statement piece, feathers, pink,

Anyways, I think we can all agree that style-wise, I'm not exactly quiet. I tend to wear a lot of big pieces and lots of bright colors. But that is one of the fun things about getting ready! I love experimenting with different pieces and seeing how out there I can be without going over the top. 

2017, summer, white jeans, statement piece, feathers, pink,

Speaking of tops, I adore this top. The feathers against the brocade are so unexpected, but the dark navy tones it down a little bit. I had really only worn it with dark jeans before, but I love how it looks against these white jeans. You can really see the feathers now and I love the dark against the light.

2017, summer, white jeans, statement piece, feathers, pink,

With a top like this where the texture is the statement, it is easy to add in more statement pieces with neutral colored jewelry and a pop of color. Because the brocade is hard to see until you are close up, this top definitely needs a necklace or earrings to brighten up the top half of your outfit. I like the neutral colored necklace and then the loud pop of this bag. This Cambridge Satchel is one of my favorite pieces because it is so easy to add to any outfit and it always packs a punch. Until next time, XO 

Glasses: The View on Elm; Hair Clip: Chloe and Isabel; Top: Old Anthropologie, similar here and here; Necklace: Old Anthropologie, similar here; Jeans: J.Crew; Purse: Cambridge Satchel; Watch: Omega; Shoes: Jack Rogers



Labels: , , , , ,