Why wear one necklace when you could wear two

2017, summer, statement piece, layered necklaces, button-down, OOTD, pink, pearls,

Hello all! I hope your week has gotten off to a great start! As you have probably seen from my snap story, I have been having a blast pet sitting for one of my favorite puppies Maddie. Add me on snapchat at Taylor Curry or tcurry16 for tons of puppy pictures! 
2017, summer, statement piece, layered necklaces, button-down, OOTD, pink, pearls,

Anyways, my week has gotten off to a fun start and I am so excited about this outfit. Classy, girly, and sparkly are my main three goals when putting together any outfit and this outfit definitely fits that criteria. To me, there is nothing classier than a crispy button-down. Now granted, my button-down could stand to be ironed and made a little crisper, but you get the idea! There is just something about a button-down that immediately feels classy and sophisticated to me.
2017, summer, statement piece, layered necklaces, button-down, OOTD, pink, pearls,

Sparkles are typically easy for me. I love jewelry and have quite a large collection of sparkly jewelry and other accessories. However, today I want to try something a little different. I've layered with this necklace before, but only with smaller silver necklaces, never with something as big as this flower necklace. What I love about this look is that the emphasis is taken away from the pearls and there is a whole new layer to the flower necklace. I will definitely be experimenting with layering statement necklaces soon! 
2017, summer, statement piece, layered necklaces, button-down, OOTD, pink, pearls,

The final aspect of this outfit was the girly-ness. Girly is easy for me because I love pink. With this outfit, I didn't want the pink to be the focus, but rather just an additional statement. Matching the pink of the necklace with my shoes and purse was the perfect way to tie everything together and not only complete the look, but also add that girly pop I was looking for. Until next time, XO

Peals: J.Crew; Flower Necklace: J.Crew, similar here; Button-down: J.Crew; Jeans: J.Crew; Purse: Old Anthropologie, similar here; Watch: Omega; Shoes: Bloch

Labels: , , , , , , ,