The First Monday in May

Last night was the Met Gala, which is by far my favorite event of the year because it combines my two passions: fashion and art. As always there were some incredible outfits last night. Here are my favorite looks and some people who I thought looked incredible! Make sure to leave your 2 cents below in the comments too! 

As if she need any help looking taller, Karlie Kloss had legs for days with this tuxedo jacket dress and stilettos. One of the simpler looks from last night, but right on the money. Also, loving this new, angular bob she premiered! It almost makes me want to cut my hair short again! 

With an amazing mix of stark black and girly pink, Lily Collins was one of the few who was able to channel Rei Kawakubo and Comme des Garçons while also making it her own. As always, I love the idea of hardening up pink tulle (or anything girly). The stark black bob and dark lipstick were the perfect finishing touches to this look.

Hailey Baldwin is not someone I typically follow or feature on my best dressed lists. However, last night she looked stunning and channeled the architectural and textured look of Comme des Garçons to a tee. The harshly cut layers of tulle looked perfect paired with this bustier and I love the feminine accessories.

Gigi Hadid recently came on my radar and I was dying to see what she would wear last night and she did not disappoint. I loved all of the juxtapositions in this look- from the metallic against the matte tulle to the architectural bodice against the flowing train. Plus, who doesn't love a good strong cat eye?! By far my favorite look of the night. 

First, let me say that I love Blake Lively and in my book, she can do no wrong. With that said, I think the top half of this dress is weird, but I absolutely adore the bottom. How it transitions from nude to bright blue and metal to feathers is so interesting and visually pleasing. This was one of the looks that I kept coming back to as I was reviewing the red carpet looks. What do y'all think? 

If you didn't know this about me, I love Anna Wintour and after last night, I love her even more. She wore my two favorite things, sequins and feathers and still managed to look classy and elegant. Thank you for always being an incredible style icon! 

So I saved one of the best for last. Allison Williams always looks amazing and last night she modernized this classic Hollywood glamour look with this architectural dress. I absolutely loved it! 

I'm going to leave you with one last thought from Rei Kawakubo..."I make clothes for a woman who is not swayed by what her husband thinks." Today go out and wear what you want to wear without thought of what others think and be completely yourself! Until next time, XO






Labels: , ,