Summer Beach Essentials


Hello all! Happy Monday! Now that it is finally warm outside, I've been thinking a lot about beach style. For some reason, I always forget something important whenever I go to the beach. So, I made a list for you and for me of all my beach essentials! If you have any additions, let me know! I'd love to hear them. Also remember to look out for details about the Met Gala tonight! I will post all about it tomorrow if you miss the coverage! 

The first and most important thing you need when going to the beach, other than sunscreen of course, is a good bathing suit. For me, bathing suits are the hardest possible thing to shop for. It feels like they never look good on me and sadly, turtleneck bathing suits have not yet been invented (ha). But, one thing you can never go wrong with is a black bikini. A black bikini is kind of like a little black dress. It never goes out of style, it looks good with everything, and it doesn't show as much wear as other colors and patterns. Thanks to AdoreMe, I found the perfect black bikini. It is incredibly comfy and so flattering. If black isn't your thing, AdoreMe also has some other great bathing suit options and they cater to all different shapes, sizes, and preferences. A definite go-to for your bathing suit shopping this year! 

As y'all know, I love to make an entrance and there is no better way to do so then with a bright caftan or sarong. Pick one that is light and airy and then it won't drag you down or get too damp after your day at the beach. Accessorize with some giant sunglasses and a fun hat and you are all set! 

Finally, once I am at the beach, I am terrible about just sitting and doing nothing. I need entertainment of some sort. Since a computer isn't a great option to bring to the beach, I always bring a book. I am still loving this Betty Halbreich book and I just learned that she is a lefty like me! How exciting! I also always bring my swell. It keeps water, or whatever drink you bring, cold for hours even if you are outside. It is perfect for a beach day so you don't get dehydrated! What are your beach essentials? Do you have any I missed? Let me know! Until next time, XO. 

Labels: , , , , ,