Professional with my own twist

2017, summer, OOTD, work wear, professional

Hello all! This post has been a couple of days in the making as yesterday I wasn't feeling quite up to it. Anyways, something that I always struggle with is finding the perfect balance between appropriate and still me for an outfit. I always tend to over dress and over accessorize if I'm being honest.
2017, summer, OOTD, work wear, professional

But now that I am out of school and in the workforce full-time, I've been working on my work wear outfits. The key for me is toning down my style a little bit so it's not overwhelming and is still practical to be at work all day. But at the same time, I still want to feel comfortable in my outfits and to feel like me. 
2017, summer, OOTD, work wear, professional

Finding this balance has been challenging and I am definitely still working out the kinks. But with this outfit, I finally felt like I found the balance. A shift dress and a cardigan are a classic work combination and always make me feel professional.
2017, summer, OOTD, work wear, professional

I adore big necklaces, obviously, and this color necklace is perfect with the high neck of this dress. It lays just so and almost looks like it is a part of the dress. The bun also worked well because it shows off the color necklace nicely.Whenever I wear my hair up, I always like to wear fun earrings and show off something normally hidden by my hair. This time, I kept my earrings smaller but accessorized with these neon glasses. They stand out so much more with my hair up! 
2017, summer, OOTD, work wear, professional

The key for me with this outfit was keeping the outfit itself pretty simple and classic, but adding my personal touches in with my accessories. Do y'all have any tips for dressing in the work world or questions for how to do so? I'd love to hear about it! Until next time, XO

Labels: , , , ,