How to Wear...Neon

how to wear, OOTD, neon, 2017, summer, J.Crew, Kate Spade, Nars, Omega,

Hello all! Happy Saturday! Today marks the start of a new Saturday blog series and I can't wait to hear your feedback. Starting today, Saturday blog posts are going to center around fashion and outfit posts, but also answer a question about how to wear a certain trend or item of clothing, or just give ideas in general about how to integrate certain pieces into your wardrobe. Just like with my other blog series, I would love to hear your feedback and I welcome any and all suggestions! 
how to wear, OOTD, neon, 2017, summer, J.Crew, Kate Spade, Nars, Omega,

So, here goes! As you know, My typical color palette leans towards girly pastels and jewel tones, but I've been loving the new neon trends and have been trying to find ways to integrate those bright colors into my summer wardrobe. 
how to wear, OOTD, neon, 2017, summer, J.Crew, Kate Spade, Nars, Omega,

My first suggestions if you are hesitant on the neon, start with something small like neon earrings, a necklace, or some kind of accessory. Then, you don't have to commit your entire outfit to the neon trend, but can still mix your typical color palette up. These earrings and this necklace are absolutely to die for and would look great against black, navy or white. Also both are on sale at J.Crew right now! 
how to wear, OOTD, neon, 2017, summer, J.Crew, Kate Spade, Nars, Omega,

If you are feeling more adventurous with your neon additions, finding a neon dress is a full commitment, but does take out some of the work of trying to pair a top or a bottom with it. Personally, I think a neon dress or top is the best option. Neon bottoms seem like a lot and a neon top is easy to wear with jeans or white jeans and easy to tone down with a cardigan or a jean jacket thrown on top.
how to wear, OOTD, neon, 2017, summer, J.Crew, Kate Spade, Nars, Omega,

If you are going the dress route, make sure the dress itself fits well and is something you are comfortable in. You don't want to branch out with color and style at the same time because you will feel overwhelmed. I like both of these options because they are pretty simple in design, but are both flattering. Both also focus on one neon color, not multiple. Wearing one neon color is enough if you ask me. 
how to wear, OOTD, neon, 2017, summer, J.Crew, Kate Spade, Nars, Omega,

Once you find your neon piece, the hardest thing for me was accessorizing. I think the key is going simple. Nude shoes (black would work well too I think) looked great and classed up the outfits without adding any additional colors or details.
how to wear, OOTD, neon, 2017, summer, J.Crew, Kate Spade, Nars, Omega,

Jewelry-wise, I think the darker color the better. Of course, I couldn't not wear a necklace and I struggled to find ones that looked good. But, I discovered that if your necklace is a darker tone than your neon, then it helps to quiet the loud color a little bit. With this, as with anything else, the key is to be confident and also to feel comfortable. You will never be able to walk out of your house with your head high if you are uncomfortable so know your limits. Make sure to leave comments below and see you next time! XO 

Pink Dress Outfit
Dress: Old, but similar here; Necklace: J.Crew; Clutch: Kate Spade; Watch: Omega; Shoes: Old, similar here

Yellow Dress Outfit
Dress: J.Crew; Necklace: J.Crew; Shoes: Vaneli, similar here; Lipstick: Nars

Labels: , , , , , , , ,