Denim on Denim

2017, OOTD, summer, chambray, sparkly,

Hello all! Happy Tuesday! As it is for most people, denim is a staple in my wardrobe whether I am dressing it up with heels and big jewelry or just hanging out with a t-shirt and jeans. I also love chambray shirts. They are great tucked into a skirt or worn as a cardigan over a sun dress. But I hate the idea of not being able to wear two of my favorite pieces together. Here are my two secrets to wearing denim on denim without wearing a Texas Tuxedo. 
2017, OOTD, summer, chambray, sparkly,

1. Do not wear the same color wash. Make sure your two washes are very distinct. This is the one time when matching is bad. The more contrasting your wash colors, the more cohesive your outfit will be without looking like a matching set. 
2017, OOTD, summer, chambray, sparkly,
2. Do not be too aggressive with your denim. If you are already wearing a denim shirt and jeans, you do not need to add a jean jacket. My rule of thumb is two denim items per outfit. That typically keeps me from going too overboard. 
2017, OOTD, summer, chambray, sparkly,

Of course, there are probably all kinds of rules we could come up with, but I try and not get too bogged down with that kind of stuff. When in doubt, stick with your gut and some sparkles can never hurt! Until next time, XO

Labels: , , , ,