Building Some Confidence One Ruffle At A Time

Hello all! Happy Friday! Today's post is going to be a little different than usual, but thanks to Dia&Co, I am going to branch out a little, so stick with me please. I would love to hear your feed back so please comment below or email me at leftylivinglife@gmail.com
2017, OOTD, personal, ruffle, summer, pink, stripes,

I think every girl at one point or another has had issues about her self-esteem and how she looks. I certainly have! It is something I have struggled with for years and sometimes still have problems with. Despite this insecurity, I have tried not to let it affect my outlook on life and my style. However, that only works so well. They were still tons of styles and cuts of clothing I would never wear because they made me feel unattractive or uncomfortable in general.
2017, OOTD, personal, ruffle, summer, pink, stripes,

It wasn't until recently I really became comfortable in my own skin and how I looked. A lot of this confidence came with growing up and figuring out who I am as a person. But a lot of it also came because I decided I was tired of other people's opinions and ideas of beauty getting the best of me. I reached a point a few years ago where I decided that I was going to wear whatever I wanted because I liked it, not because someone told me it made me look pretty or because it was trendy. 
2017, OOTD, personal, ruffle, summer, pink, stripes,

Let me tell you, since then, life has been so much fun and picking out my outfit everyday is a joy and a true reflection of me. Take this off-the-shoulder body suit for example. If you had told me I would be wearing something this skin tight and low cut a couple years ago, I would have laughed in your face. But now, I didn't even hesitate to buy it 3 weeks ago and I've already worn it twice! It is so fun and girly and it makes me so happy when I put it on. 
2017, OOTD, personal, ruffle, summer, pink, stripes,

Clothes are so important to me. They are a creative outlet, safety net, and a true reflection of me everyday. My goal when I get dressed is to be 100% me and also feel happy and inspired by the clothes I'm wearing. Feeling confident and letting go of your insecurities is incredibly difficult, but I challenge you to try even if it's just for a moment. Buy the body suit or the neon jewelry. Take a fashion risk and buy something just because it makes you happy. I'm sure you'll look fabulous! Thank you to Dia&Co for giving me the opportunity to talk about this today! Until next time, XO 

Labels: , , , , , ,