Ruffles and Leather

spring, 2017, OOTD, leather, ruffles, statement lip, sparkly,

Hello all! What a week it has been! I cannot wait for the weekend to start tomorrow. As you can probably tell, my style tends toward the girly/ feminine side, especially when it comes to accessories and details. I love anything sparkly and pink and ruffles are my new favorite detail for summer.
spring, 2017, OOTD, leather, ruffles, statement lip, sparkly,

As much as I love these aspects now, girly has not always been my go-to. It is actually a pretty recent style change and one that has been so fun to explore and experiment with.
spring, 2017, OOTD, leather, ruffles, statement lip, sparkly,

However, every now and then, I like to toughen up some of my girly details. This burgundy leather skirt is the perfect way to do that. The cut is pretty classic with the little flare and the pleats. But the color is unexpected and makes it feel more modern. Plus, the leather is the perfect combination with the otherwise girly ruffles of this top. 
spring, 2017, OOTD, leather, ruffles, statement lip, sparkly,

As usual, once I started, I couldn't stop. So big clip-ons and a sparkly purse were necessary additions. Plus, I've been very into experimenting with lipsticks lately and this color matched my skirt so perfectly, I couldn't resist.
spring, 2017, OOTD, leather, ruffles, statement lip, sparkly,

A 100% girly outfit has it's place and time, but mixing it up is part of the fun of fashion. Don't be afraid to mix pieces that don't always go together. That is typically how I find my favorite combinations! Until next time, XO



Labels: , , , , , ,