Sparkles and Neon

2017, spring, OOTD, travel, Rome, pink, neon, sparkly, J.Crew,
For me, spring and summer clothes are all about neons and sparkles. An outfit just doesn't seem complete without one or the other, or in this case, both! 
2017, spring, OOTD, travel, Rome, pink, neon, sparkly, J.Crew,
My general rule for both of these is to keep it under control. I love using neon as a statement pop of color against an otherwise neutral outfit. This bag and belt are perfect to throw on and give an otherwise cute, but boring outfit that extra oomph. I also try and keep my neon to one color. Two hot pink accent items are ok, but you don't want to add neon yellow in the mix too. It's too much and you'll end up looking like an 80s highlighter.
2017, spring, OOTD, travel, Rome, pink, neon, sparkly, J.Crew,
As difficult as it is, moderation is also key for sparkles. I like to keep it to one section. If my necklace or jewelry in general is sparkly, no need to have a sparkly bag too. Same goes for if my shirt is sparkly. I will still wear jewelry, but it might be more subdued.
2017, spring, OOTD, travel, Rome, pink, neon, sparkly, J.Crew,
Well, now that we've talked about fashion a little, let's talk more about Rome. Our second day, Sunday, might have been our busiest day of the whole trip. We walked so much and saw so many amazing sites. We started at the Colosseum and did all of that, the Forum (which is right beside the Colosseum and there is only one ticket for both), and the Palatine Hill (you have to walk through the Forum to get to the top of the Hill). A definite must see if you've never been to Rome.
2017, spring, OOTD, travel, Rome, pink, neon, sparkly, J.Crew,
After lunch, we went to an art exhibition. This might sound crazy for the non-art obsessed readers out there, but the main reason I wanted to go to Rome last week was to see this particular art exhibition. It featured an artist named Artemisia Gentileschi, who happens to be one of the artists I wrote my thesis on! I had only seen one of her works previously and all of her works I discussed in my thesis were in this show! To say it was incredible would be an understatement and I ended up going to see it twice! It was one of those moments where life seems to align for just a second and everything all seemed to work out perfectly. It made me want to write another thesis too! 
2017, spring, OOTD, travel, Rome, pink, neon, sparkly, J.Crew,
We finished up the day visiting the Spanish Steps and the Trevi Fountain. The Trevi Fountain is awesome during the day, but I would recommend you visit at least once after dark because it is lit up and looks magical at night. We didn't stop moving all day it seemed, but it was a fabulous day. Until next time, XO 

Labels: , , , , , , , ,