Saying Goodbye to Winter with Pink and Fur

2017, OOTD, winter, over the knee boots, sparkly, fur, J.Crew, pink
Hello all! I can't believe spring is already here, 2017 is already flying by. It is even more unbelievable since two weeks ago, it was barely getting about freezing! So this is probably going to be my last winter outfit post until fall, which is perfect because this look includes so many things that were staples for me this winter.
2017, OOTD, winter, over the knee boots, sparkly, fur, J.Crew, pink
Between the over-the-knee boots, pink skirt, and sequined details, this outfit is everything I love about my winter clothes. Plus, I love these furry ear muffs, they are just too cute. They aren't very practical or necessary here in North Carolina, but I love them and try to wear them at least once every so often.
2017, OOTD, winter, over the knee boots, sparkly, fur, J.Crew, pink
The other thing I love about this outfit is the mix of textures. From the fur to the fuzzy scarf to the sequins to the wool skirt, there is such a variety of materials that play off each other so well. That is always the thing I miss most about winter clothes- layering things and creating interesting combinations. It is just so much easier to do when it's cold outside! 
2017, OOTD, winter, over the knee boots, sparkly, fur, J.Crew, pink
As promised, this week I am going to tell you about Rome in addition to my outfit posts. So, let's drive right in. We arrived in Rome pretty early Saturday morning and as excited as we were to explore, both Kate and I were in desperate need of a nap after the uncomfortable flight. But after our naps, we were ready to go! 
2017, OOTD, winter, over the knee boots, sparkly, fur, J.Crew, pink
That first day, we didn't do any set activities, but wandered around and I introduced Kate to the city (she'd never been to Rome before). It seems like we walked every where in Rome that first day! We started at our Air BnB right near the Pantheon. We then walked to Piazza Navona, Castel Sant'Angelo, the Vatican, St. Peter's Basilica, and ended up across the river in Trastevere (my favorite area of Rome and where I lived a couple of summers ago). Of course, for dinner, we started off our food tour on a high note with pizza and cannoli! 
2017, OOTD, winter, over the knee boots, sparkly, fur, J.Crew, pink
More outfits and adventures stories this week so stay tuned! Until then, XO


Labels: , , , , , , ,