Mixing Black and Navy for Spring

2017, OOTD, spring, polka dots, J.Crew, navy, black,
Hello all! I hope your week has been fabulous so far! Mine has been crazy busy getting back into the swing of things after Rome, but it has definitely been nice to be back. Vacations are incredible, but it is always nice to come home and sleep in your own bed and get back to your routine.
2017, OOTD, spring, polka dots, J.Crew, navy, black,
As I mentioned, spring has definitely sprung here in North Carolina. Yesterday, it was almost 80 degrees! Spring is by far my favorite season because I love transitional clothing. It is always just the right amount of warmth that I don't freeze, but cool enough that I can still layer. Plus, by this time every year, I am absolutely sick of my winter wardrobe and ready for something new! 
2017, OOTD, spring, polka dots, J.Crew, navy, black,
When I walked into work on Monday wearing this outfit, one of my coworkers immediately asked me how I managed to wear black and navy together and not look weird. My other coworker overheard and commented that I just decided they looked good together and walked out of the house. 
2017, OOTD, spring, polka dots, J.Crew, navy, black,
As crazy as that sounds, mixing colors and patterns or trying new things is really that easy. When you decide you look awesome in an outfit, you carry yourself differently. You stand a little taller and strut your stuff a little more. With that going for you, no one will question your fashion choices, they will just comment on how great you look and admire your confidence.
2017, OOTD, spring, polka dots, J.Crew, navy, black,
The key for me when wearing anything, whether it's adventurous or a simple t-shirt in jeans, is to feel confident and beautiful. If you like what your are wearing, at the end of the day, does it really matter what any one else thinks? I don't think so! For once, prioritize yourself and wear what you want! 
2017, OOTD, spring, polka dots, J.Crew, navy, black,
I know that can all be a little difficult sometimes though and it is helpful to have tangible tips in addition to my philosophical ramblings. So, when mixing black and navy, I always like to choose a darker shade of navy. That way, it is closer to black and they are similar tones. Mix it up with some neutral jewelry and don't try and over do it. Start easy with a navy top and a black cardigan or a black top and jeans. And then just add some gold earrings or a necklace. 
2017, OOTD, spring, polka dots, J.Crew, navy, black,
We make wearing black and navy together so hard because it is an old stigma. But, black and navy want to go together! They look good against one another and normally once you start pairing them, it becomes incredibly easy to do so. Until next time, XO 


Labels: , , , , , ,