And Off We Go!

travel, personal, 2017, Hello all! As I mentioned yesterday, I have some very exciting pieces of news that I will be sharing over the next couple of weeks, and the first one we are talking about today! On Friday, I will be setting off for an adventure in Rome with my best friend, Kate! I am so excited to be going back to Italy where I am just going to look at art and eat pizza and gelato all day! Not to worry, I will be posting all about my activities and there will be lots of pictures of food! 
In the meantime, I wanted to talk a little about packing. Packing can be very hard and there is no secret tip on the perfect way to pack because it is all dependent on your style and the trip itself. But, I wanted to share some of my tips that always work for me.

1. The key to bringing the most stuff, but not the most bags is making use of your space. For me, that first means rolling my clothes. This saves space and also prevents creases. Secondly, make use of your shoes and purses. I always store socks, scarves, jewelry, and other small items in my packed shoes and purses. This prevents wasting that space and helps keep me organized once I arrive.
2. Really, if you aren't traveling somewhere you know it will be hot, layering is key. To layer successfully, there are 2 main aspects: 
- Make sure most of the things you are bringing match. This doesn't mean you can only wear neutrals, just make sure the color palettes mesh well. That way, if it is freezing, you can easily add another layer.
- The second piece of this is outerwear. In Rome, the highs are in the low 60s, but at night it'll be in the low 50s. So I am bringing a warmer coat that is water-proof to help with wind and potential rain, my fuzzy vest to keep me cozy, a blanket scarf, and then light layers and sweaters. That way, if it gets warmer during the day, I can take off layers, but I also won't freeze.
travel, personal, 2017,

I am so excited about this trip as I am long overdue for a vacation. If you have any suggestions for things we should do in Rome, make sure to comment below. Until next time, XO 

Labels: , ,