Turtleneck Thursday: The Base Layer to Your Statement Pieces

turtleneck thursday, OOTD, 2017, winter, patterns,

turtleneck thursday, OOTD, 2017, winter, patterns,

turtleneck thursday, OOTD, 2017, winter, patterns,

Hello all! Happy Thursday, my favorite day of the week because we get to talk about turtlenecks. Last week, we took a little break because my grandmother came to town and family hang-outs come first. But now, we are back with one of my favorite turtleneck looks. This look is actually from over a year ago, but is still one of the best ways to wear a turtleneck. I always struggle in the winter to wear a dress because I get so cold. I end up throwing on a sweater and completely obscuring the dress with my layers. While the bundled sweater dress is a great look, sometimes you actually want to show your dress! 
I was in that exact position with this dress. It has some interesting detail in the back and doesn't look great with a sweater because it flares so much. But without another layer, I would have had bare arms and would have been freezing. A turtleneck is the perfect solution. It gives you that extra layer of warmth, plus a black one against a patterned dress like this really makes the dress pop. 
Moral of the story? Turtlenecks don't have to be the statement piece of your outfit. Instead, they can be the perfect base layer to highlight your statement piece. Until next time, XO. 

Labels: , , , ,