Critics Choice Awards Red Carpet 2016


If you have been keeping up with my red carpet posts, you probably noticed that the last couple of award shows have not blown me away. I am not a huge fan of people wearing extremely revealing clothes instead of something interesting and flattering. Last night at the Critics Choice Awards though, things took a turn for the better.

Critics Choice Awards 2016, Evan Rachel Wood, red carpet

There were definitely some colors on the red carpet, but the predominant trend was the return of the little black dress, or in some cases, the all black outfit. Evan Rachel Wood has always been a style icon of mine and I thought she hit the nail on the head with this black pant suit. It was flattering and just the right amount of revealing. I love the newer trend of women wearing suits because it is so unexpected, but can be show stoping. 

Critics Choice Awards 2016, Naomie Harris

Naomie Harris is another one of my favorite people to watch on the red carpet. She always manages to keep it classy but also trendy as she did here with this black mini dress with a sheer lower section. The mini dress itself is a lovely LBD, but the sheer extension adds that extra oomph to her outfit. I love how she kept her accessories, hair, and make-up simple- a great reminder that everything doesn't have to be over the top to be great.

Critics Choice Awards 2016, Nicole Kidman

Nicole Kidman always manages to do something interesting and she looked incredible last night. The dress was a little revealing for my taste, but she rocked it. I do love the layering of fabric on her bodice and her brooch pinned to her sleeve. I love brooches and am so happy to see that they are slowly making a come-back! 

Critics Choice Awards 2016, Sarah Paulson

I can not say enough good things about Sarah Paulson last night. I love her short textured hair paired with the various pearl-sized details on her dress. The pink lipstick and matte black shoes were the perfect finishing touches. This dress truly seems red carpet worthy as it feels like a work of art itself. 

Critics Choice Awards 2016, Viola Davis

My final look of the night was Viola Davis. This color is so unexpected for winter but looks incredible against her skin. The simple jewelry and make-up was perfect for this textured gown. Well done Viola! 

Until next time! XO


Labels: , ,