Top 10

Hello! I hope y'all are doing well! I am going a little stir crazy because we do not have cable or internet at my house right now...I know that there are things to do without wifi or tv, but for some reason I couldn't think of any of them. Normally I get home from work and just hang out and work but I have now learned that "hanging out and working" really means using the internet haha! So I am definitely going to have to get creative this week with my activities! 
Anyways, this week's top 10 isn't themed or anything but is just ten things that have recently interested me or that I like. Enjoy and have a wonderful hump day! XO

1. So I am a little behind on this movie, but I just watched Sofia Coppola's Marie Antoinette for the first time (it is on HBO for those of you who have access!). I was expecting to like it, but I absolutely loved it! The modern music that everyone always comments on created a nice tone that I think went very well with the movie and created this interesting connection between Marie and modern wealthy members of society

2. If you are like me and wifi-less, you should read The After Party. At first I thought it was just going to be a fun Gatsby/Mad Men combo and it definitely had those aspects, but the ending comes out of no where and was very surprising but very interesting to read.

3. Another wifi-less activity? Coloring. I know, it is a kid's activity, but I have always loved coloring and with this new trend of adult coloring books, there are some very cool options on the market. Check out this one from Vogue that is on my wish list! 

4. If you have not already seen this video of Amy Schumer and Anna Wintour switching lives, it is definitely worth the time!

5. I always have a song obsession that I listen to on repeat. Right now? It's Crazy by Au Revoir Simone. I would love to know what y'all think of it!

6. You might not know this about me, but I have a HUGE sweet tooth. I probably eat at least one thing sweet every day. Lately, I have been unable to stop eating these sprinkle cookies. I even made another batch last night! I am not a huge cookie person normally, but these are sweet without being sicky sweet and they are soft instead of crumbly! 

7. I am a bit of a sports fanatic, but I have never really gotten into the Olympics. The other night though, Natalie and I watched the qualifiers for the US Women's gymnasts and it was so incredible! Meet the women here and see some of their incredible routines.

8. Alexa Chung is one of those people who I always look to for fashion advice and ideas and she just announced that she is launching her own clothing line! I could not be more excited! 

9. In other fashion news, there are lots of fashion shows going on right now, but by far the most incredible one was the Fendi show in Rome where the runway was across the Trevi Fountain! What an incredible idea and use of a historical monument.

10. I just graduated from Wake Forest University with a degree in art history. To say I like art would be a bit of an understatement. One of my favorite artists has always been Degas because he is able to capture this wonderful realism of expression and movement with these simple pastel marks and I find it incredible. Misty Copeland just recreated some of his works and they are magical. I am completely overwhelmed by all of them! 


Labels: , ,